The Witcher 3 builds (2020): the 4 best builds and mutations explained
Our selection of The Witcher 3 builds has been rigorously crafted and curated to indicate you precisely how one can flip Geralt into essentially the most powerful monster hunter who ever lived. Whether or not you favor to use magic, alchemy, pure Combat, or (like a real Witcher) a mixture of all 3, we’ve obtained a top-tier build to cater to your wants.
The Witcher 3 builds guide
Beneath you’ll be able to peruse 4 top-tier The Witcher 3 builds, every of which take Geralt in a markedly totally different route. After that we’ll give you a number of Tips and tidbits of knowledge on the subject of placing collectively your own builds.
- Euphoria build (arguably essentially the most powerful; emphasises alchemy and swordplay)
- Full Combat build (emphasises pure bodily harm; a glass cannon build)
- Versatile Tank build – (a combination of leanings with an emphasis on survivability)
- Signs & Magic build – (focuses on excessive signal depth & prolific magic use)
- Tips for creating your own The Witcher 3 builds
Word: every of those builds makes use of the mutation mechanic added within the Blood & Wine DLC, however you’ll be able to simply adapt them to fit your wants if you happen to lack the required enlargement.
The Witcher 3 builds: Euphoria build
Kicking our builds guide off with a bang, there’s actually nothing higher than the Euphoria build, so named for the central (and ridiculously overpowered) mutation Euphoria, which dramatically will increase your sword harm and signal depth as your Toxicity will increase.
This build splits itself between swordplay and alchemy. The highest half of the tree focuses on dramatically rising the harm of each Quick and Strong assaults, and supplies an excellent buff to general assault energy with mutagen synergies. However the backside half of the tree is what makes this build so potent, with quite a few alchemy abilities permitting you to chug a number of decoctions and potions all through a battle, holding your toxicity as excessive as doable so your harm per hit turns into simply disgustingly powerful in a brief house of time.
The Witcher 3 builds: Full Combat build
Right here’s a enjoyable little build. The caveat is that it requires an actual skilled to completely utilise, as a result of it’s what you’d name a “glass cannon” build – great harm potential, however simply killed. So it’s essential be superb at avoiding harm. That is positively a build that requires liberal use of Quen to succeed.
By the way, if that’s one thing you wrestle with, you’ll discover all kinds of helpful Tips and knowledge over at our The Witcher 3 Combat guide!
This build takes abilities virtually solely from the Combat tree, however it additionally delves simply far sufficient into alchemy to unlock the implausible Synergy talent, which dramatically will increase the assault energy that this build supplies (from 140% to 210%!). And topping all of it off is the magnificently powerful Massacre mutation, which – just like the build itself – rewards evading harm with mountains of assault energy.
The Witcher 3 builds: Versatile Tank build
One in all my favorite builds to use, and doubtless the build I’d advocate for a primary playthrough, the Versatile Tank build is best associates with the formidable Ursine Witcher Gear (for more guide take a look at our The Witcher 3 armor & gear guide!), and collectively they may make Geralt virtually invulnerable.
An honest mixture of all 3 main talent timber (Combat, alchemy, and Signs) offers you the pliability that many different builds lack. Potions and decoctions will dramatically enhance your survivability, and a light-weight emphasis on Quen will assist to maintain your Vitality excessive. However there’s additionally a wholesome dose of Combat abilities and assault energy boosting on this build, so that you’ll be capable to hit simply as arduous as any enemy you come throughout.
And naturally, there’s the Second Life mutation on the centre of this build, which is what actually pushes you into the realms of near-invulnerability.
The Witcher 3 builds: Signs & Magic build
This build is a results of my makes an attempt to make a viable end-game sign-oriented build, and it ended up extraordinarily much like a build already explained in nice depth on Reddit by a consumer named “Sujiren”. So I’ll simply allow you to learn their ideas right here.
Their build pushes Signal Depth to absolutely the max, whereas I’ve sacrificed the very tip of this magical spear for somewhat extra survivability, which I believe is the primary draw back to this build. You’ll see I’ve deviated from Sujiren’s build by including the Refreshment talent and a green mutagen to the bottom-right. In my expertise this provides you just a bit extra tankiness, whereas nonetheless providing you with the potential to make your Signs hit like an absolute truck.
Tips for creating your own The Witcher 3 builds
Alright, that’s all 4 top-tier Witcher 3 builds out of the best way. I’m going to simply finish with a number of transient Tips for individuals who are all in favour of planning out and creating their very own builds in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt:
- Keep in mind you’ll be able to reset your abilities at any time! All it’s essential do to respec your total character is purchase a Potion of Clearance. There are a choose few distributors that promote these uncommon potions, however your best guess is to speak to Keira Metz after ending the Magic Lamp quest, or head to Hierarch Sq. in Novigrad and discuss to the service provider within the plaza there.
- Use the best abilities on your stage within the sport. Due to the supply of Potions of Clearance, you shouldn’t really feel constrained to any of those late-game builds. Your high precedence ought to at all times be selecting the talents that you just want at your present stage of the sport. Many new gamers , for instance, would significantly profit from choosing up abilities like Survival Intuition or Connoisseur.
- Swap out abilities as wanted. I practically at all times have the Strong Again and Delusion abilities on standby in case I would like them. Don’t preserve them in your build the entire time, as a result of it’s a waste of a slot. But when you end up overencumbered, tag in Strong Again. Or if you happen to’re about to do numerous speaking/manipulating, tag in Delusion. Adapt to your present circumstances.
- Make use of the console. When you allow the console, you’ll be capable to hop into a brand new sport and use cheats to freely check out total builds in-game on the fly. For full particulars on methods to use cheats, take a look at our The Witcher 3 console commands & cheats guide. The precise commands you must use for testing out builds are as follows:
- additem(‘Greater mutagen red’, 30)
- additem(‘Greater mutagen green’, 30)
- additem(‘Greater mutagen blue’, 30)
And that’s just about every little thing you want so as to begin creating some actually killer Witcher 3 builds! But when your thirst for Witcher-related guide just isn’t but sated, make sure you take a look at our varied different guides on The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt under!